Here is the answer; A Skirt, for Kristina. :) Congratulations to all those who guessed correctly.
I made the waistband from the bottom band of a freebie t-shirt. Score!
This trim is why we have a stash. It has sat around for several years being perfect for *something*…. And here it is! It took an hour or two to hand-sew it on.
Ooh boy, I wouldn’t want to do that again anytime soon!
Kristina liked it, BTW. I will try to take a picture of her wearing it sometime. We just need to find a blouse. Shouldn’t be too hard, with all those colours.
I’ll have to put up a post detailing my mistakes with this project, but that’s for another time. Just to warn you, I made some doozies!